Saturday, November 28, 2009

Another job interview...

Good Morning All! So, as you may have guessed by the title I have another job interview on Monday morning. The interview is for the same position as last time, which is a giant step forward in the career plan. There is only one problem... I don't know if I want it this time or not.

If you haven't read further down on my page, I have this huge program going on right now at work where we are trying to bring dogs in for the offenders to raise so we can adopt them back into the community. This is a huge commitment on my part, and several other people both in and out of the prison community.

C and I talked about it, and I wasn't going to interview this time. I told my boss that I was going to wait 6 months to get this program up and off the ground, but that I would interview for the next position that came available. Then, it happened! He just kind of flipped out. He said that was a waste of my ability, and if for nothing else I needed to interview for the experience. So, then I decided I would just blow the interview. I mean I have a really good, steady job, and I could interview for the next open spot...right?

There is only one problem with that. I tend to do my very best at everything, and I don't know if I know how to blow something off that I have wanted for so very long. So dear intranets, anybody have any ideas? Do I blow it off? Do I do my best and then tell them I don't want it? Do I do my best and then take the job if they offer it? What do I do???? Can you feel my pain and confusion? Someone help please!!

2 comments:

  1. No, you don't blow the interview. What if the same folks interview you next time and remember how lame you were?

    It might not be perfect timing, but it is the job you wanted. Go for it, no holds barred.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @The Mother- I think you are right, I just don't want to inconvenience my family or the people who have become my prison family. The whole system just blows right now!

    ReplyDelete