Tuesday, July 6, 2010

What did you do on vacation???

For years now I have wanted to take a real vacation, one where I got to leave the house and go to some exotic locale (Edisto Island, anyone??) but alas it just wasn't meant to be. I haven't had a vacation (that didn't involve a death) in 3 years.

So, this year I had plenty of time on the books, and I went on vacation. Ten whole days off with no work and no responsibilities, and no time limits, right?? WRONG!!

For my whole work week, I got up at 6:15 every morning to take The Diva to summer school. She was taking health so that it didn't interfere with her women's choir and concert choir schedule during the school year. Then on Monday and Thursday, I took T in the evening to his therapy meeting. And, on Wednesday...I went to work. I know, I was supposed to be resting. But, the trainer for my dog classes just had surgery a few weeks ago, and I didn't feel comfortable leaving her alone with my offenders.

And while all of this may leave you all shaking your heads, it was actually quite relaxing for me. C and I didn't talk about work, for the most part. I took lots of naps, read a few books, and watched a lot of TV. I also watered the plants, played with the kiddos, and played with my own puppies. I tried to spend time soaking in the peace and calm in my house without being bored out of my skull. Normally, after just two days off I end up pacing the house trying to find any excuse to go to work. Not this time...I was actually sad to leave my house this morning, I just wanted to go back home.

Is this what domestic tranquility means for me??? I wonder if I could just stay home permanently? I'm sure I would be bored after a while. For those of you that don't work outside the home, how do you do it? I mean really, if I quit, we would make approximately 29,000/year with 4 kids and 3 dogs, and three children with extreme medical bills. It worries me, any ideas??

3 comments:

  1. That's what happens when you try to vacation in house. It's more relaxing than work, but somewhat less relaxing than a spa vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do we do it as in how do we keep busy, not lose our minds when the kiddos are fighting most of the day??? Or how do we do it as in it money-wise? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. @The Mother- I totally get that now, and having been at work for going on 3 days now I'm still questioning my sanity! :)

    @Ilexa- I was home with my kiddos for 8 years before I graduated from college and left my husband and had to get a job, I know how not to lose my mind. I just don't remember how to do it with absolutely noooooo money! :)

    ReplyDelete