Saturday, January 2, 2010

I'm back!!

Hello? Internet friends, is anyone still here? I haven't been here for a minute, mostly because I couldn't find anything I really wanted to say. Last year was really hard in our house, and I figured no one wanted to hear from the sad Becca during the holiday season. However, I am happier now and I miss writing...so here goes!

We are picking up all of the children tomorrow and I am totally psyched about it!! The small three went to Atlanta on Christmas Eve, and the Diva left for Mexico on Christmas morning. So C and I spent our first Christmas alone. We actually had a really nice time, and were not too depressed without the kiddos.

I had a wonderful birthday, and got some really nice presents. C bought me Julie and Julia (Outstanding movie y'all!), two new vampire books, and a robe. I am done with both books which means I need to take my stash to the used book store to get some new ones.

Oh, and happy 3rd year anniversary to the love of my life! I would be totally lost without her. She is my sunshine, every day!!

The dog program is slightly off schedule, as we are busy waiting for the State to finish the Memorandum of Understanding before we can bring the puppies to the prison. Could we please move a little faster???

This is the first year I have been away from the Diva in three years, and I can't wait to see how much she has changed. She has had a blast in Mexico, which is great for her and I am glad to see her spread her wings a little.

And finally, thank you to the U.S. Postal Service who delivered her passport at 7pm on Christmas Eve so the Diva didn't have to stay home with us. The post-mistress in our town rocks, I'm just sayin! She drove all the way to St. Louis, picked up the passport and hand delivered it to my house. All while C was at work, and I was in Tennessee with the Diva dropping of the babies.

So... here is to a New Year! I know it will be a better year for all of us, and I can't wait to see the changes that happen! I love you all, and thank you for being there every time I've needed to talk!

7 comments:

  1. Wow! Now that's special delivery.

    We wouldn't have gotten ours until after new year.

    Glad you had a great vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that you are off to a good start this year.

    VERY cool of your Post-Mistress, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took some time off, too, so obviously great minds and all that. Hope you have a wonderful 2010!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @The Mother- It was good b/c we were in full-on panic mode! :)

    @Syd-Thanks, glad to see you're still here! :)

    @Faiqa-Definitely, great minds think alike! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! I'm so glad that they were able to do that for you and her!!

    Happy Anniversary!

    PS I gave you an award!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Sheila, thanks for all! BTW, what award? And where do I get it?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy anniversary! Your mailwoman freaking rocks!! That is just awesome and its so great to see that people do care and are willing to go above and beyond.

    Here's to a great 2010 for everyone!

    ReplyDelete