Thursday, August 13, 2009

Parent Sex (yes, I said sex!)

So, have you all ever had parent sex? You know the kind, where you look at your partner and say "If I wasn't so tired, I'd eat you up!" Somebody shared that with me as a joke today, but I see the reality in it.

My wife (partner, baby mama, whatever) and I work different shifts. She works third shift and I work second. That means when I am almost ready to come home, she is going to work. Last week we went three whole days without seeing each other awake.

When I first met C I could wait until midnight when she got home and then we could talk or cuddle or whatever (wiggles eyebrows suggestively). Now that we have lived together for almost 3 years, we are both tired. TIRED!! I want to be able to be with her more than just the weekends when we are both home. Technically we aren't even home together on Saturday. She still has to work, and I try to let her sleep. Sometimes I will see her for about 3 hours before she has to go back to work. It really just sucks. There is no other word for it.

I really enjoy the time we spend together. I know there are couples that get tired of each other and need a break, but we have never been like that. I truly crave her company, she is the best friend I have ever had. Normally we have two times a year that we are alone together. Either New Years or her birthday and Pride Weekend. This summer because of all the stuff (read earlier posts) that happened, I was unable to be with her for Pride. And she was at home alone with our kiddos. It has been almost 9 months since our last time alone, and I neeeeeed it. As in NOW, right now, today, not tomorrow, not next week. And I can't have it. We can't change our schedules until they put bids up for her. We can't do anything about it. And that sucks!

Just thought I'd vent a little, hope y'all understand!

3 comments:

  1. Darling girl, in our house we call that "hallway sex". As in, all we have time for is to pass each other in the hallwayy and say "F you" and call it good. :) Makes us laugh anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, cheer up, it gets better. As the kids get older, things get easier, and then you'll be whining that she can't keep her hands off you--or maybe that's not such a problem when they don't have testosterone? Don't know.

    I'm going to take a nap, now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Thatsananna-Yup, we do that too! It makes us laugh every time.

    @The Mother-Yes it is still a problem, even if they don't have testosterone. She is actually way more amorous than my ex ever was, but that's probably oversharing! :)

    ReplyDelete