Sunday, September 6, 2009

More job interviews coming up!

So, I got a letter from one of the prisons here in Misery on Thursday. I am interviewing with them this Thursday at 10am. That means I have to leave my house at 6 in the morning, because they really are located in BFE!

I really don't want to move 4 hours away, but I really (REALLY) want the promotion. I went to visit one of my 6 (yes, I said 6) bosses on Friday and told her that I was going to interview. She seemed annoyed, and wanted to know why I wanted to work at a women's prison 4 hours away. Well, I don't but I have to get promoted somewhere people!

C called Friday afternoon and I got an interview letter for the same position at our prison, but the interview isn't until the 21st. This leaves me with a dilemma. Do I interview at both places knowing the answer from the womens' prison will come back first? Or do I wait and do the interview here, thereby lowering my chances for promotion?

There are only 16 people on the register state wide for this position, and I can't imagine very many will drive to the northern-most part of the state for an interview. However, I also don't want to lower my chances at all. Plus, I've never worked at any other prison. This will give me a chance to see how different prisons work. What do you all think??


  1. Yikes, that's really hard!! You could always interview at the women's prison and if they REALLY want you, they may understand the dilemma and keep their fingers crossed for you. I wish I could be more helpful!

  2. Ouch. I guess you and C need to hash this one out--a four hour drive affects the entire family. Tough choices.

  3. @Belle-I found out today that Jeff City is holding all promotions for at least 60 days. So regardless of whether I get it or not, I am going to be waiting for a while.

    @The Mother-We've already talked and she said she will go where we need to go, but I hate to do that to the kiddos. Even though it is a sizable raise.