Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A sign from above???

So, last night I was laying there half-praying and half-thinking that I really needed a concrete answer as to what to do about the job interview in Chillicothe. It's not that I don't want to interview, but damn that is a long drive just for an interview. Plus, do I really want to move 4 hours away if I get the job??

I really don't want to move, and I really don't want to have to pick the kids up and move them to a new school in the middle of the year. Plus, I really like my prison. I want to get promoted here and I'd like to stay here.

Fast forward to today...I got to my office and checked my email; I had a message to call Chillicothe. When I called I was told they cancelled all the interviews because they didn't have the funds from the state to open the treatment section of the prison.

Is that an answer or what??? I don't know whether I'll get the job here or not, I am optimistic but not overly so. It just seemed like fate or providence or something saying 'no, you are going to stay here!' So, now I wait patiently for the interview on the twenty-first...Yay Me!!!

6 comments:

  1. Fate, karma, that's life.

    You didn't really want to move four hours away.

    I'm sure C is breathing a sigh of relief.

    Now, if Karma is working, you'll get the local job.

    We'll keep our fingers irrationally crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to HATE when my dad said this to me, but I have found it to be true...EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @The Mother-I knew C was relieved when she said "oh I'm sorry, yippee!" And you're right I didn't want to move. I am keeping fingers and toes crossed here (or I would if my toes would cross.)

    @Nel-You are exactly right, I know that better now than ever before. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it when that happens. I'm waiting for one myself, and it's just not coming. ACK.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whew, I love it when the universe helps us out by making us sidestep uncomfortable decisions. I know that's not the ::air quotes:: grounded response, but nonetheless... On a completely different note, I was kind of amused by the sentence "Plus, I really like my prison." You don't read *that* on a blog every day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Aunt Becky-I know, I am trying to just be patient.

    @Faiqa-I know it sounds weird, but this is the only one I've ever worked at. These are myyyy people as some would say.

    ReplyDelete