Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Damn bulldogs!!!

Elrod ruptured his cornea last night. I don't know why it has to be the one who is worth twice more than his sister. He is the one with the skin problems, and now this.

We had an emergency surgery at 8:00pm to save the eye, and hopefully they'll be able to take the stitches out Saturday morning. I don't know for sure. Thank God for the Diva, without her paying attention we probably wouldn't have found it until this morning. Thank God for C, without her yelling at the very stupid vet tech, they probably would have convinced the Doc to take the eye without looking at it.

Thank God that it was Elrod, and not Lucy (breathing problems) otherwise we probably would have lost her.

I told his Mama D last night (our co-owner) that I didn't care if he ever showed again, I just don't want him to lose his eye. We are holding out hope.

Also, thank the Goddess (confused yet??) that the other 3 kiddos weren't at home, only two hysterical women needed at once... thank you very much!

p.s. I am hoping to post pics from our trip to the St.Louis Art museum this weekend, it was lovely. They have Degas' dancer and Monet's Waterlilies. I am in love forever!!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, what a terrible stroke of luck. How does a dog rupture his cornea?

    I'll keep my fingers irrationally crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The vet said we may never know, flat faced dogs have a tendency toward these things. Thanks for the crossed fingers, he is in better spirits today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that his name is Elrod. What a great bulldog name!

    I hope he has a quick recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ilexa, he is named after a USMC officer that was posthumously elevated to Major. He fought on Wake Island. He seems better, you just can't take the damn collar off.

    ReplyDelete